Expect to be respected if you decide to join Loop Addictions, because the rule of respect is held highest of the few rules that apply. If you want to disagree, then please do so in an adult manner. Debate is healthy, as one sword sharpens another, but it must be done in an honorable fashion. All legal methods are welcome for discussion.

Author Topic: 2018 Trout Season  (Read 530 times)

Offline woodchucker

• Skipper
    • View Profile
2018 Trout Season
« on: April 02, 2018, 04:13:23 AM »
Well folks, Spring has sprung, and the 2018 season is upon us!!!

I spent the last 3 months running coyotes with hounds, all the while keeping a close eye on the Catskill Trout Streams... I'm very happy to report, that all I've seen, appear to be in great condition!!!!! A little high, but clear!!! It appears the slow melt off and light rains, kept things in check. Now, if Mother Nature will keep the Spring rains light and frequent?

Good Luck, My brothers & sisters...!! Tight Lines!!!

Offline Stumpkiller

• Skipper
    • View Profile
Re: 2018 Trout Season
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2018, 08:33:01 PM »
Haven't been out yet but I'm getting everything buffed up and ready.  Had a panic because I couldn't find a soft case fly wallet with most of my larger nymphs and streamers (later season & bass - but it was still missing!)  Just found it tonight.  Whew!

Of course, I never got near as many flies tied as planned.  I'm hoping to get a bunch of foam hoppers added to the arsenal before summer.
Charlie P.

Offline Todd Gregory

• Skipper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2018, 04:49:28 AM »
Can't wait to stalk the streams for brookies either! My favorite springtime pursuit

Offline fatman

• Skipper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2018, 11:42:56 PM »
Can't wait to stalk the streams for brookies either! My favorite springtime pursuit

tryin' to catch your SECOND trout on the fly? 8)

Forum Home Icons
Read
Unread