Expect to be respected if you decide to join Loop Addictions, because the rule of respect is held highest of the few rules that apply. If you want to disagree, then please do so in an adult manner. Debate is healthy, as one sword sharpens another, but it must be done in an honorable fashion. All legal methods are welcome for discussion.

Author Topic: Product Review: Soft Science Wading Boots  (Read 1040 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• Skipper
    • View Profile
Product Review: Soft Science Wading Boots
« on: October 21, 2017, 10:03:22 AM »
I recently purchased a pair of Soft Science Terrafin wading boots. The company was offering a sale price discount and free shipping, so with nothing to lose I decided to give them a try.

I have taken them on three multi-day fishing trips to the NC mountains so far, and they are now my official go-to wading boots. They are great.

Here is a link to their web page: http://www.softscience.com/mens/fishing/terrafin.html

Pros:
1. They are very light at just a touch over one pound for a pair. That is about half the weight of my Simms boots.
2. They are very soft and comfortable. Definitely good for an all-day wading boot.
3. Even though the soles are a proprietary rubber compound, they have traction that is every bit as good as traditional felt soles.
4. They dry very quickly.
5. They have a very good drainage system built in so added water weight is a minimum.
6. The soft upper folds to packs easily, and is very tough material that reminds me of the old "ballistic nylon" that was a staple of outdoor gear.

Cons:
1. The toe-bumper area is minimal, but I am not an aggressive wader so that is not an issue for me.
2. Though they are high-top boots, there is no rigid ankle support other than what is offered by the padded collar and lacing them up.

Unknown:
1. I have not had them long enough to have an opinion about their long-term durability.

Overall: The Soft Science Terrafin Wading Boot is just about perfect for the fishing I do in the NC mountains. I have no doubt that they would serve me just as well in the mountain streams in the Rocky Mountains, or the spring creeks of the Driftless Area. The good traction and light weight make for a terrific combination.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 12:15:08 PM by Smokin Joe »

Forum Home Icons
Read
Unread