Expect to be respected if you decide to join Loop Addictions, because the rule of respect is held highest of the few rules that apply. If you want to disagree, then please do so in an adult manner. Debate is healthy, as one sword sharpens another, but it must be done in an honorable fashion. All legal methods are welcome for discussion.

Author Topic: Fishing kayak  (Read 402 times)

Offline Stumpkiller

• Skipper
    • View Profile
Fishing kayak
« on: September 21, 2017, 02:35:00 PM »
I have been venturing into the local lakes and rivers with a Perception Sport Sound 12.5 kayak.  The grand 'ol sit inside variety.

[ Invalid Attachment ]

I have a pair of RAM 1-1/2" ball mounts up on the deck ahead of the cockpit and that allows me to place a fly-rod or Casting/Spinning rod up front.  Also a RayMarine Dragonfly 4 Pro depth finder/chartplotter that makes for a whole new dimension in fishing (for me).  One of my fly rods is a 9 wt G. Loomis with a FinNor reel that I use to put Deceivers and Clouser Minnows in from of smallmouth, and that makes for a great day!

Charlie P.

Offline woodchucker

• Skipper
    • View Profile
Re: Fishing kayak
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2017, 09:40:10 AM »
I see a lot of guys out in kayaks fishing! Looks like they're having a bunch of fun, Charlie! I myself, have problems with kayaks. Sitting flat on my butt with my legs out stretched, aggravates my back... Not to mention, getting getting OUT of one, I look like a walrus rolling out & trying to crawl up the bank and get my feet under me again!
I'm more of a canoe guy!!! Besides, I have room for a friend! :)

Offline Stumpkiller

• Skipper
    • View Profile
Re: Fishing kayak
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2017, 09:23:30 PM »
Most "serious" kayaks have pretty good options for adjusting the seat and foot rests so you can get comfy.  I sometimes also lay my legs up on the deck.

Canoes are great.  But THE ADMIRAL insisted she had to have her own vessel so we opted for a pair of kayaks.  I think she was afraid I'd ask her to paddle while I trolled.

A second boat is also a great safety feature.
Charlie P.

Forum Home Icons
Read
Unread