Expect to be respected if you decide to join Loop Addictions, because the rule of respect is held highest of the few rules that apply. If you want to disagree, then please do so in an adult manner. Debate is healthy, as one sword sharpens another, but it must be done in an honorable fashion. All legal methods are welcome for discussion.

Author Topic: Ft Benning and Florida ponds  (Read 790 times)

Offline Cavscout9753

• Skipper
    • View Profile
Ft Benning and Florida ponds
« on: September 16, 2017, 09:08:01 PM »
None of my fly fishing is for trout and most of it is still water. I fish the lower Chattahoochee a lot, but I prefer smaller water. Foam terrestrials are my go-to for these waters but a white beadhead wooly bugger can save the day if things go bad. I'm going to hit Twighlight pond on Ft Benning on Monday, I'll post some pics afterwards.

Offline woodchucker

• Skipper
    • View Profile
Re: Ft Benning and Florida ponds
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2017, 11:18:31 AM »
Good Luck, Lucas!!!!!

Offline skulpin

• Skipper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2017, 09:46:50 PM »
used to love fishing Weems and Victory ponds (at Ft. Benning). the spillway at Weems can be pretty amazing in the spring

Offline Cavscout9753

• Skipper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2017, 05:41:06 AM »
Well Twighlight was pretty much drained. They're working on the road around it and the culvert so it must have effectsd the flow or something. Stomped through mud for 100m to get to the "water". I didn't fish it long since conditions were so dismal. And yes, Kings pond is great but the fish there can be fickle. There are a couple of huge Koi in there I want to try and land some day!

Forum Home Icons
Read
Unread