Skip to main content

Author Topic: Hamilton Montana!

• Skipper
Hamilton Montana!
OP: September 03, 2017, 06:43:29 PM
Greetings ladies and gentleman! After spending most of my childhood and adult life casting the Adirondacks ,
 I Have decided a change of scenery is in order.A spur of the moment trip to prospect the rivers and streams surrounding Hamilton and Missoula is set for next week.At this time , I think I will key in on the Bitteroot as I am taking my longbow out for a walk in the area also. Any and all advice will be met with great thanks.. also,how about any stores to visiti in the area?thanks again

• Skipper
Re: Hamilton Montana!
#1: September 03, 2017, 06:50:21 PM
Please take lots of photos and share them here when you return. Have a great trip.

• Skipper
#2: September 03, 2017, 06:57:33 PM
I definately will do. Looking forward to seeing what the west has to offer

• Skipper
#3: September 04, 2017, 09:40:16 AM
Stephen, Chuck Stranahan 406-363-4197 owns the Riverbend Fly Fishing shop in Hamilton. He is a very nice guy and offers a guide service and is willing as well to help with direction if you prefer a d.i.y. trip. If you are interested in some of the smaller rivers and creeks north of Missoula, PM me.  Jim

• Skipper
#4: September 05, 2017, 05:18:34 PM
Stephen, for information's sake I just spoke to a friend in Ronan, MT. which is north of Missoula about 60 miles. They are experiencing the worst smoke in his lifetime and he was through Missoula yesterday and it was brutal. They came from near Dillon where they cancelled an elk hunt as visibility had dropped to roughly 1/4 mile and the forecast is for little if any relief for at least 2 weeks and likely much longer. My friend by the way is Dan Toelke the custom bowyer, I shoot his "Super D" longbows.  Jim

• Skipper
#5: September 05, 2017, 10:55:58 PM
Thanks Jim ,PM sent

Forum Home Icons
Read
Unread