• LA Member
Re: Dream Stream
#1: August 17, 2017, 08:00:13 PM
Excellent!

• Administrator
  • LA Member
#2: August 29, 2017, 03:09:28 PM
I was lucky to be able to go to NZ twice....trip paid for by my yarn supplier....and you bet I fished both times.

I have pics...hope I can find soon and they were pre digital.  Fishing there was unreal...as was the scenery.

I tied a fly here in the states from NZ wool and took it back to NZ and caught a 12 pound Brown....Too Cool!!!

• LA Member
#3: September 01, 2017, 09:52:28 PM
 I have seen quite a few pics of monster browns from over there !!

• LA Member
#4: September 04, 2017, 03:32:48 PM
Every fall, Tyler & I go to Pulaski NY Salmon fishing... We go with his Uncle Timmy and fish the estuary in his 16' row boat. Spin gear... 10' noodle rods & 10# mono, throwing Thunderstik Deep Jrs. We do GREAT!!!!!

However... back in the mid 80's my cousin & I fished the Fly Fishing section of the Salmon river. We had no idea what we were doing, LMAO!!!!! I had an 8'6" 7wt Cortland glass rod, with a click drag RimFly reel, NO Backing!!! 6' 20# mono leader... Basically it was hook a fish, run the line out, and hang on like hell until he tired out and you could get some line back!!! All broke off, except one... Idk how long I had him on? it seemed like FOREVER!!!!! Finally, he started to tire, and I slowly gained line... When my cousin was able to net him, I got my 1st good look at him. He was so black, you could barely make out his spots. He was the most beautiful fish in the world!!! We weighed him, a 17# King Salmon!!!!! The biggest fish I had ever caught!!! (and he held that place for MANY years!) Then I let him go..... (my cousin practically $hi+ himself!!! LOL)

I dream of someday fishing the upper Fly Section of the Salmon River again one day..... I have more Salmon Fly Fishing gear than I know what to do with. 9' 9-10wt Ugly Stik fly rods, 8-9wt reels with line AND backing!!! More Salmon flys than I can count, LOL!!! Maybe someday.....
« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 03:36:29 PM by woodchucker »

• LA Member
#5: September 18, 2017, 10:08:45 PM
My dream stream may not even have a name. Its a tributary of Trembleur Lake in British Columbia. We fished it during the salmon run and literally got tired (physically tired) of catching chunky rainbows on Red Humpys and Royal Wulffs, although anything with red on it would probably have worked. The trout were gathered in the main stream just below the mouth of a smaller creek that was packed with spawning salmon. It was beautiful watching those fish rise 4-6 feet through that gin-clear water to thrash those high floating flies. If you'd like to fish there (or find out the name) contact Michael Snieder with the BC Outfitters Association. Hes much better known for guiding moose and bear hunters and for his work with trailing dogs but he knows some awfully good places to fish, too.

Forum Home Icons
Read
Unread