Expect to be respected if you decide to join Loop Addictions, because the rule of respect is held highest of the few rules that apply. If you want to disagree, then please do so in an adult manner. Debate is healthy, as one sword sharpens another, but it must be done in an honorable fashion. All legal methods are welcome for discussion.

Author Topic: Where you been? River n Creek Names?  (Read 1536 times)

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Where you been? River n Creek Names?
« on: September 03, 2017, 08:33:28 AM »
Here in GA I've fished the following creeks.....

Waters, Dick's, Rock, Montgomery, Jones, Nimblewill, NoonTootla, Mountain Town, Boggs, John's(might edit a couple of more that come to mind later)

And these Rivers....

Jack's, Hiawassee, Tacoa

I'll post some other's in other areas than GA in a bit....

Offline woodchucker

• Skipper
    • View Profile
Re: Where you been? River n Creek Names?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2017, 10:59:09 PM »
Up here in NY, the Esopus Creek, Beaverkill, Willowemoc Creek, Neversink River, East Branch of the Delaware River, Upper West Branch of the Delaware, River, (WAY upper! Above the Cannonsville Res.) Beers Brook, in the Catskill Mtns. Middle & West Branches of the Moose River, The Ausable, The Battenkill, in the Adirondacks. Just a few of the more popular & "famous" off the top of my head that I've fished... Many more little un-named brooks, that were truely a gem...

Offline woodchucker

• Skipper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2017, 04:03:25 PM »
My local "Home Waters"
Wappingers Creek, Sprout Creek, Fishkill Creek

Offline RodneyL

• Skipper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2017, 08:34:54 PM »
I live in Western Maryland, I have fished the Savage, North Branch of the Potomac, and lots of small brook trout streams in the mountains of Maryland.  I fish Spring Creek, Penns Creek, Little Juniata, Letort, Yellow Breeches, Big Spring and the Yough in Pennsylvania.  I have been to the BeaverKill in New York a few times and took a trip to Montana with my wife one year and fished the paradise valley area.

Rodney

Offline Stumpkiller

• Skipper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2017, 10:47:18 PM »
Another native NYer here.

Lakes: Ontario, Seneca, Cayuga, Skaneateles, Owasco, Whitney Point (Reservoir), Cross, Chenango

Rivers: Susquehanna, Delaware (E&W Branches), St. Lawrence, Chenango, Tioghnioga, Otselic, Chemung, Mowhawk, Seneca, Black, Salmon

Streams: Battenkill, Beaverkill, Willowemoc

Creeks: Esopus, Catherines, Oquaga, Geneganselet, Owego (E&W Branches), Tioughnioga (E&W), Salmon, Trout, Page Brook

And a couple dozen ponds

In PA - the headwaters of the Lackawanna River.
Charlie P.

Offline Stephen Helstowski

• Skipper
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2017, 11:51:32 AM »
Another upstate New Yorker here..  mostly fish the adirondacks , with the Ausable being the farthest north I'll go.. a couple of streams closer to me have been great this year. With the schroon topping that list, water levels have been excellent throughout this season.I haven't fished the Catskills in quite a while since the floods changed the face of a lot of my old haunts

Offline Stumpkiller

• Skipper
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2017, 12:46:06 PM »
Yeah.  Tropical Storm Lee did horrors to the Delaware and tributaries.  We were passing through Margaretville two years ago and I couldn't even find, let alone recognize, a little hole I had visited.  It is now a gravel bar - I think.
Charlie P.

Offline centaur

• Skipper
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2017, 01:26:39 PM »
I have lived in Wyo for over 40 years, and have fished lots of streams and high country lakes statewide. Have also fished a good bit of Montana, some of Idaho, and spent some onstream time in Alaska.
Most of my fishing is nearby, in the Bighorns, but I also get over to NW Wyo a fair amount. Used to love to fish Yellowstone, but it is too crowded for me now.
I also spent one day on a stream in New Zealand, and caught some 5 and 6 pound rainbows; small potatoes for that part of the world.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 01:30:57 PM by centaur »

Offline Twitchstick

• Skipper
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2017, 08:53:16 AM »
Most of my time has been fishing all over Utah and mainly in the southern half of the state the last 25 years. If there is a puddle I'd try to fish it. I perfer small streams, rivers and backcoutry lakes but I end up fishing a lot of stillwater. I have lived and fished in Wyoming and Idaho and have had a few trips in Colorado, Florida Keys, Mexico, Alaska, Canada. It would take too long to list all the waters I fish but here is a few. Mamouth creek, Sevier river, Pangutich creek and lake, Navajo lake, Boulder Mtns, Windrivers, Green River, Snake river, Pinto creek, Minnersville river and lake, Beaver River, Russian River, Colorado River and drainage from Frying Pan to Willow Beach and the list could go on for hours.

Offline Smokin Joe

• Skipper
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2017, 10:01:11 AM »
My favorite Colorado rivers to fish are the Cache la Poudre on the Front Slope of the Rockies, and the Big Thompson also on the Front Slope. They are both very beautiful rivers with good populations of rainbows and cutthroat. There is also a little creek that I like above Vail that runs from beaver dam to beaver dam, down the mountain. It is full of very wild brookies, and some of them are fairly large.

Here in NC the closest stream to me is the East Fork of the Roaring River. It is a very good fall and spring river that is not as good in the heat of the summer. I'll be fishing on the Roaring River in October and November.

My favorite stream in NC is the Cane River, but it is almost all on private land. The late Phil Hanes (of Hanes Brands) used to invite me up to his private fishing club there and the fishing was spectacular. I have caught several 20+" trout there, the largest landed was a 23" brute. Since Phil passed away I haven't been back there.

In the Driftless Area of Wisconsin, I love the Timber Coulee Creek and Spring Coulee Creek. These are both spring creeks with very nice populations of wild browns and brookies. Like all spring creeks, the fishing can get very technical and the trout very selective. But, if you figure them out it is possible to catch and release 50 nice trout in a morning of fishing.

Offline Goobersan

• Skipper
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2018, 08:46:04 PM »
Only hit a couple up here in South-Eastern Wisconsin

Root, Little Green, and Kickapoo

Forum Home Icons
Read
Unread