Expect to be respected if you decide to join Loop Addictions, because the rule of respect is held highest of the few rules that apply. If you want to disagree, then please do so in an adult manner. Debate is healthy, as one sword sharpens another, but it must be done in an honorable fashion. All legal methods are welcome for discussion.

Author Topic: Introductions?  (Read 3318 times)

Offline Stumpkiller

• Skipper
    • View Profile
Re: Introductions?
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2017, 11:04:13 PM »
Charlie Pearsall here (Stumpkiller) and I have the delight of living not too far from the Catskills and other trout stream regions of New York.  Though I must admit my favorite fly rod fishing is for smallmouth bass.  They never disappoint.

Have done some kayak fly-fishing and that is a great way to go after it.

Just recently I bought an Ito Tenkara rod and have been playing with that.  Makes a perfect car rod for short opportunity fishing.  Earlier today I spent an unplanned hour in the Otselic River and, though I had no strikes, saw trout flashing (usually because I had "lined" them).  Very windy - that's the excuse I am sticking with. 
Charlie P.

Offline RodneyL

• Skipper
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2017, 08:40:27 PM »
My name is Rodney and I'm from far Western Maryland in the corner where PA,MD and WV meet. I have been a fisherman and hunter all of my life. I started tying flies when I was 13 and took up fly fishing at the age of 16 and have been doing it every since. I fly fish for trout and smallmouth mostly but I will fish for anything that will take my fly from Chubs to Pike.

Offline skulpin

• Skipper
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2017, 07:35:38 PM »
I'm Joel, handle here is Skulpin, after the little fishing tackle company I started at skulpin.com (yeah, I know sculpin is spelled with a c but a brewery in California had that copyrighted already). Ive been lucky enough to fish fresh and salt, NC, TN, GA, AL, FL, MS, TX, MT, NM and CO (although not much and several years ago in the western states). Also made a couple of jaunts to Argentina. But I'm basically a southern fisherman these days, mostly Florida flats, lakes, ponds rivers and streams around Georgia and up into the Smokies. I'm a traveling salesman and carry a couple packrods pretty much everywhere I go. I'm just beginning to get into Tenkara but don't see it becoming my primary method just yet (although it may if my wrist and other joints keep going south--limited stroke is kinder to my aches)   

Offline centaur

• Skipper
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2017, 01:53:17 PM »
I learned to fly fish as a kid, when my family would go on summer vacation to central Texas and I was issued a glass fly rod and some popper bugs, and fished for some bucketmouths on a lake that is no doubt way overcrowded now as opposed to when I started in the 1950s.
For the last 40 plus years, I have lived in Wyoming and have fly fished lots and lots of great streams and lakes in that time. Fishing takes a back seat to hunting, but in the summer, when we camp many days a year, the fly rod or tenkara outfit is part of the package. Small streams are my favorite, but I still fish larger water from time to time, too. It's all good.

Offline tarponnut

• Skipper
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2018, 10:55:19 PM »
Hey. I'm Jim Dussias from south Florida, I also live part time in NC near Boone.
I've been an avid fly-fisher since about age 10. I primarily fish the Everglades for snook and tarpon but also do some trout fishing when I'm in North Carolina.

Forum Home Icons
Read
Unread